Industrial Heritage Online

Industrial Heritage Online

Abram Pulman, Iron & Steel Warehouse

Description:-
Purpose-built iron and steel stockholder's warehouse with offices fronting Horton Street and a yard with travelling crane to the rear.

History:-
The building, designed by architects Jackson and Fox, was erected in 1901 for Messrs. Abram Pulman. The warehouse was extended in 1902 to increase capacity. The premises were used continually by Abram Pulman until c1985 when the business was re-located to Sowerby Bridge. The Pennine shopping development now occupies the site.


No previous comments have been made for this entry

Email comments

Key Words :- iron steel stockholder warehouse
Linked Sites :- ,
Address :- Horton Street, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1QE
Grid Ref :- SE 09465 24950
Co-ordinates :- Lat - 53.720874 , Long - -1.858045
Local Authority :- Calderdale Council
Pre 1974 County :- Yorkshire - West Riding
Site Condition :- Site redeveloped to industrial / commercial use
Site Status :- Site demolished or no longer extant
Site Dates :- 1901 - c1985