Terms and Conditions
Use of Industrial History Online is subject to the following terms and conditions
If you wish to use the site in any manner outside these terms, you must seek permission before doing so.
- Participation in the IHO project is conditional on your acceptance and compliance with the IHO Code of Practice for Contributors.
- Access to Industrial History Online is provided free of charge for personal research purposes only.
- Access to the data held on Industrial History Online is only permitted manually via the Home page.
- The use of front end programs or sites to enter search parameters is strictly forbidden.
- Data extracted from Industrial History Online must not be used for commercial purposes or reproduced in any form
without the prior written approval of the Yorkshire Archaeological and Historical Society.
- Industrial History Online, Software and Database Design was developed by Dr John Suter and is provided under the GNU
General Public License (GNU GPL or GPL). Dr Suter asserts his right to be named as the author in any implementation of the software or database.
Details of the GNU License can be found at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will YAHS, Affiliated Societies or Individual Contributors, be liable for any indirect, special,
incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from or directly or indirectly related to
the use of or the inability to use, the web site or content, materials or functions related thereto, including,
without limitation, loss of revenue, or anticipated profits, or lost business, data or sales, even if YAHS,
an Affiliated Society or Individual Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Terms and Conditions - Version 1.2 Updated December 2020