Caption :- Machine warehouse off New Road, Halifax. This machine warehouse was completed about 1904 for Greenwood Brothers, seemingly acquired and extended by J. Stirk & Sons Ltd. prior to 1930, and used by them in connection with a nearby machine tool warehouse they also occupied in Horton Street (WYK784). The Stirk business passed to the control of the Coventry Machine Tool Co. after WW2. Eventually, as part of the Wickman group, the Halifax business was closed in 1981, and the Pennine shopping development now occupies the site. View off New Road, May 1985.
Media Reference :- PH7211.jpg
Key Words :- engineering warehouse
Date Created :- May 1985
No previous comments have been made for this entry
Help us improve this entry
The compilers welcome corrections or additional information on all sites.
Any information provided will be verified before appearing on the web site and this may take up to 4 weeks.