Industrial Heritage Online

Recording Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

Industrial Heritage Online

Recording and Communicating Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

The IHO database currently contains 4276 records and 2480 images

Windmill Hill Brewery, Halifax West Yorkshire

Caption
The Windmill Hill Brewery,Northowram was a small, purpose-built brewery complex, created in 1897 by James Alderson as a replacement for the Lower Brear Brewery. The architect for the work was Joseph Frederick Walsh and was initially called Park Brewery, but changed its name shortly after opening, converting to a limited liability company in 1900. The Windmill Hill concern was on friendly terms with the Warley Springs Brewery and the two firms merged around the year 1910, brewing ceased at Northowram soon afterwards. View of former stables and outhouses, July 1987.

First Previous Random Next Last

Copies of this image may be available personal research. For further details please contact us.
Disclaimer
Every effort has been made to correctly attribute the media available on this web site. If any individual or organisation believes that any media is incorrectly credited please contact the Society and the media will either be removed or the acknowledgement will be corrected.

Grid Reference:- SE 11245 26568

Search the Sites Database

View the Image Gallery


Search the Image Collection

Industrial Heritage Online is hosted by the Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society and is supported by the following Societies