Industrial History Online

Industrial History Online

Crown Point Corn Mill / The Chandlers

Description:-
Hard red brick facade to Calls with horse's head over bay. Large sash windows on the ground floor. Clusters of tall narrow sashes in 3s on first floor. Stone mullions and springers.
Established by William Turton 1844, rebuilt 1876, to store and supply horse feed.
At the time of Hatcher's visit (1973), in use by 'Illingworth's Hay Merchants'.
Converted into flats c1985.


No previous comments have been made for this entry

Email comments

Key Words :- mill provender horse fodder
Linked Sites :-
Address :- The Calls, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7HB
Grid Ref :- SE 30765 33227
Co-ordinates :- Lat - 53.794450 , Long - -1.534451
Local Authority :- Leeds Council
Pre 1974 County :- Yorkshire - West Riding
Site Condition :- Site refurbished to residential housing
Site Status :- Listed - Grade II
Listing No :- 1255931
Site Dates :- 1872 -
Contributor :- cc-by-nc-sa 4.0 © Daniel Balmforth - 4 July 2015