Caption :- The Calder & Hebble Navigation Company's Salt Warehouse was completed in 1799, and let to the Rochdale Canal Company, which had completed its own waterway as far as Todmorden by August 1798. The warehouse became as an important focus for the transhipment of goods between the 'West Country' boats of 57' 6" length and the longer Rochdale vessels of 70'. Photo. June 2016 after conversion to a restaurant.
Media Reference :- IMG_PM2522.jpg
Key Words :- canal warehouse
Date Created :- 8 June 2016
No previous comments have been made for this entry
Help us improve this entry
The compilers welcome corrections or additional information on all sites.
Any information provided will be verified before appearing on the web site and this may take up to 4 weeks.