Description:- Excellent building of 3 storeys and 6 bays. All of one conception. Door at 3. Six sliding sashes of large vertical rectangles. Stone surrounds, sills flush. Stone and slab construction.
History:-Reportedly was the site of the original manorial mill. Last rebuilt post 1780 (documentary evidence from 1820 "rebuilt recently"). Bought by Nathan and Amos Bake c1805 from Henry Clint and sold to Ingilby family in 1837. Ceased milling corn in the 1960s.
Until recently operated as a mill shop and tea room, currently (2017) seeking consent for conversion to residential use.
References:-YAHS - Hatcher Card Index. Research funded by the Yorkshire Arts Association 1972. Hatcher, J. The industrial architecture of Yorkshire. Phillimore, 1985.
No previous comments have been made for this entry
Help us improve this entry
The compilers welcome corrections or additional information on all sites.
Any information provided will be verified before appearing on the web site and this may take up to 4 weeks.
Key Words :- corn mill Address :- B6451, Darley, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 2QQ Grid Ref :- SE 19356 59727 Co-ordinates :- Lat - 54.033170 , Long - -1.705976 Local Authority :- Harrogate Borough Council Pre 1974 County :- Yorkshire - West Riding Site Condition :- Site refurbished to residential housing Site Status :- Listed - Grade II Listing No :- 1251391
Every effort has been made to correctly attribute the images and other media available on this web site.
If any individual or organisation believes that any image or media is incorrectly credited please
contact us and the media will either be removed or the acknowledgement will be corrected.
Search Engine, Layout and Database
Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society, other participating Societies and the compilers of Industrial Heritage Online
make no warranty whatsoever as to the accuracy or completeness of Industrial Heritage Online.
Use of the Industrial Heritage Online website is conditional upon acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society, Stringer House, 34 Lupton Street, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 2QW - Co. Ltd. by Guarantee No. 38346C. Registered Charity No. 224083
Tel: 0113 245 7910 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org