Caption :- The premises, originally a glaziers shop were occupied by several firms of wheelwrights from 1845. In 1870 Henry Wadsworth took over in the same line, his son expanding the business into the manufacture of street cleansing machines and tumbler carts for use by local authorities nationwide. It has since been used as a warehouse and now forms part of the Orange Box, youth education centre. Photo. June 1991 showing H. Wadsworth initials set into a new keystone.
Media Reference :- PJ5884.jpg
Key Words :- wheelwright road sweepers ice making fruit and vegetable warehouse
Date Created :- 8 June 1991
No previous comments have been made for this entry
Help us improve this entry
The compilers welcome corrections or additional information on all sites.
Any information provided will be verified before appearing on the web site and this may take up to 4 weeks.