Industrial Heritage Online

Recording Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

Industrial Heritage Online

Recording and Communicating Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

The IHO database currently contains 159 records and 10 images

Greenwood's Machine Warehouse, Halifax, Halifax West Yorkshire

Caption
Machine warehouse off New Road, Halifax. This machine warehouse was completed about 1904 for Greenwood Brothers, seemingly acquired and extended by J. Stirk & Sons Ltd. prior to 1930, and used by them in connection with a nearby machine tool warehouse they also occupied in Horton Street (WYK784). The Stirk business passed to the control of the Coventry Machine Tool Co. after WW2. Eventually, as part of the Wickman group, the Halifax business was closed in 1981, and the Pennine shopping development now occupies the site. View off New Road, May 1985.

First Previous Random Next Last

Copies of this image may be available personal research. For further details please contact us.
Disclaimer
Every effort has been made to correctly attribute the media available on this web site. If any individual or organisation believes that any media is incorrectly credited please contact the Society and the media will either be removed or the acknowledgement will be corrected.

Grid Reference:- SE 09536 24899

Search the Sites Database

View the Image Gallery


Search the Image Collection

Industrial Heritage Online is hosted by the Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society and is supported by the following Societies