Industrial Heritage Online

Recording Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

Industrial Heritage Online

Recording and Communicating Our Industrial Heritage

Images from the IHO Archive

The IHO database currently contains 159 records and 10 images

Stump Cross Brewery, Halifax West Yorkshire

Caption
This building was occupied as a tannery in 1874, but in 1883 Mark Barker converted it for use as a brewery. During 1886 and 1893 the owner was given as John Crossley and Company, who also ran a business in Broad Street Halifax retailing wine spirits and cigars. By 1905 brewing appears to have ended at the site which reverted to agricultural use. Photo. February 1977.

First Previous Random Next Last

Copies of this image may be available personal research. For further details please contact us.
Disclaimer
Every effort has been made to correctly attribute the media available on this web site. If any individual or organisation believes that any media is incorrectly credited please contact the Society and the media will either be removed or the acknowledgement will be corrected.

Grid Reference:- SE 10350 26052

Search the Sites Database

View the Image Gallery


Search the Image Collection

Industrial Heritage Online is hosted by the Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society and is supported by the following Societies