Caption :- Warehouse number one appears to occupy the site originally occupied by Causey warehouse, the first warehouse to be erected at the Sowerby Bridge Wharf when it was completed in 1770. The present warehouses 1 & 2 bear no resemblance to other Calder and Hebble Navigation Company warehouses erected prior to 1800 and may have been substantially or completely rebuilt as part of an enlargement scheme of 1837, now minus a later canopy erected pre 1850. Photo. June 2016.
Media Reference :- IMG_PM2521.jpg
Key Words :- canal warehouse
Date Created :- 6 June 2016
No previous comments have been made for this entry
Help us improve this entry
The compilers welcome corrections or additional information on all sites.
Any information provided will be verified before appearing on the web site and this may take up to 4 weeks.